Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Is bowling considered exercise?

I really hope so, since it's about the only excercise I get these days. :)

My husband and I started in a summer league a few months ago...for fun because this is his idea of fun. :)
And the truth is...bowling is fun most of the time.



It's only not fun when you can't hit your mark or pick up your spares.
(This is bowling lingo that I picked up over the past several months.)

I have my own shoes and a cool red bowling ball. My ball is only about 8 pounds.
Yes, I know it seems very light, however, I don't feel like my arm is going to fall off at the end of the night after three games.

I'm happy to say that I've improved my game.
On my first game during the first night, I bowled a 65. My first average was 81.
Everyone on the team loved my huge handicap points. :)
Whenever I managed to bowl over my average, I was a hero.

Tonight, I tied my all time high game for the year. I bowled a 156. Woo Hoo. :)
My average for the night was 125 per game.
And I bowled over 100 in each game tonight. Yea.
A huge accomplishment since I pretty much jump for joy each time I score over 100 pins in a game.

Back to my original question...is bowling considered exercise?
I'd love to hear any opinions on why or why not.

I say yes.
I know it isn't high impact aerobics, but better than watching bowling on television.
L

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Kev said...

Hey, I was searching for stuff on bowling and happened to come across your post. I just answered it on my blog in fact, you can find it here
http://kev-and-thoughts.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-thoughts-on-bowling.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter