Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Monday, November 26, 2007

Beware: Rant approaching...Going to the Movies


Now I remember why I rarely go to the theater to see movies any more.
Or perhaps why I only go to the first show on the movie's opening day...if I can't wait for Pay-Per-View at home.



It's the people.
The teeming masses.
Okay, more specifically? It's the idiots who think they are all alone in the theater and that no one else is trying to enjoy the movie with them.

You know who I'm talking about...the ones who are rude, loud, annoying, generally without any concept that others are occupying the same space.
Arrrrgggg!

Between the group of five young kids (okay they were teenagers) along the back row that couldn't shut up for a single second before, during, or after the movie, to the guy sitting right beside me with his cell phone buzzing about every two minutes (yes it was on vibrate, but loud enough to be heard fifty feet away), to the woman in front of Mr. Loud Vibrating Phone ruffling through her fifty-five gallon bucket of popcorn to shove another fist full into her mouth throughout the film, it's a wonder I didn't blow a vein out of my forehead in frustration.

Most of the dialogue during the movie was lost to me due to voices, buzzing and popcorn ruffling and because of all the rude morons!!

Plus, I don't mind if people come in during the previews and decide they need to sit directly in front of me, even if they need to have everyone in the row stand up to change seats so the two orphaned seats in the row can be put together.
However, I believe it's completely rude to show up five minutes into the movie and do so. Get your ass to the movie on time and you won't have to worry about finding two seats together in the dark!! Arrrggg!

I know that movie theaters won't do it because a ticket sale is a ticket sale, but if I ruled the world...anyone not in the theater and seated by the time the movie starts doesn't get in.
Sort of like in college when you are penalized for being late.
YOU DON'T GET IN THE ROOM. PERIOD.

Oh and once you get in the theater...Sit down, Shut it and Turn your phone to OFF not buzz.
Nothing is that important that you can't be without contact for a couple of hours OR DON'T GO TO THE MOVIES!!! @$#%#& Stay home!
If you stay home you can talk as much as you want and let your phone buzz all the live long day.
And my final rant for the day?
Usually the reason I go to see movies at the theater is because of another rude annoying type of person. The end-of-the-movie-spoiler.

You know who I'm talking about...the person that thinks their opinion is the only one that matters. In their infinite wisdom, they decide whether a movie they've seen is worthy and if it isn't why then they will ruin the end for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
"Oh, I didn't like that movie, the heroine dies in the end."
Arrggg!!
Even when you beg them to Shut it and not reveal the ending. They can't help but blather it anyway with the caveat. "Well, I didn't want you to waste your money."

Yeah. Thanks. Thanks a bunch for that important warning. Here's a tip, you can tell me you didn't like it and not to waste my money without revealing the ending.
@$#%&@ rude people.
Arrggg!!

So am I alone in this rant?
Please someone, anyone tell me you also would love to strangle the people in the movie theaters across the land along with the movie-spoilers.
Someone?
Anyone?
Or do I just need to take a pill. :)
L

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Deep breathing helps. So does taking a loud friend with you who will tell those annoying people to shut it for you. ;o)

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Lara Santiago said...

Oh...You are soooo going to the next movie with me! :)

I'll even buy you the fifty-five gallon bucket of popcorn. :)
L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter