Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sleeping is overrated

Is it just me...or is sleeping a big fat waste of time?
Perhaps it's just because I want to spend more time writing.

I have a full time job, a family which includes continually hungry teenagers, mountains of laundry, a writing career I'm trying to launch, and at the end of my very long day...I want to write instead of sleep.

If I could have a super power I'd want to be able to function on zero sleep... without spending the national debt at Starbucks each day to keep me upright and speaking coherently. (like now)

I mean I'm only getting six hours of sleep a night anyway. Juiced on coffee I could write 6,000 words in that space of valuable time. I'd have a short book done every week. A full sized novel complete in two. The possibilities are endless. :)
Then I wake up, wipe the drool off my laptop keyboard and shuffle off to bed.
Sigh.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter