Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas Meme

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Depends on who you talk to in our house. I say wrap them. If he has time to travel around the world in a single night, then there is time for wrapping. :)

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? I like all the pretty colors.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not usually. But it isn't out of the realm of possiblity.

5. When do you put your decorations up? This year, I don't have to, because we're traveling. Although we might haul out the little baby tree.

6. What is your holiday dish (excluding dessert)? A tie between Mashed potatoes and Green Bean Casserole.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: When my parents got me a stereo record player. I totally wasn't expecting it. Remember those 45's and Albums? :)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember when I learned. And apparently it wasn't a huge blow to me, but I remember when my son found out in first grade from some other little tattle tale. :):) No, I'm not bitter. :)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open half on Christmas eve and half on Christmas day to honor the traditions of both our families. :) This year with the road trip...it will be Christmas every time we go someplace new.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With all the ornaments the kids made during their elementary school years. Colored lights and a raggedy tinsle rope that I don't have the heart to throw away.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it, don't mind visiting it, but don't want to live in it. :)

12. Can you ice skate? No. I have weak ankles. The first time I went at age 16, I got blisters on my fingers trying to get my skate laces tight enough. :)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes, but it was as an adult. My mom made me and my brother a photo album of old pictures from old slides. My brother opened his first and my mom said I gave him a look of such tragic longing. LOL
Luckily she made one for both of us.


14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Time with family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie with whipped cream. And I hear it's good for breakfast too. :)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting the tree out and putting it up with the kids. I used to make them wear moose antlers that jingled until they got taller than me.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Without a doubt...Giving.

19. What is your favourite Christmas song? Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

20. Candy canes: A nice image, but unless they are another flavor besides peppermint, I'm not interested. :)

21. Favourite Christmas movie? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

22. What do you leave for Santa? We never left him anything. He does it out of the goodness of his heart, right? :)


I'm not tagging any one with this Meme. My gift to all. :)
L

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter