Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Make a List ~ Check it off ~ Be Happy

I'm a big believer in lists. I make a list almost every single day of things I need to do. I derive great satisfaction and accomplishment from putting a check mark by a completed task. Well...at least my practical analytical side is happy about it.

My creative side is less worried about lists and well...being practical.
When I go into writing mode, and especially when I'm creating something new, hours seem like minutes and I'm forever surprised at how much time has elapsed since I took note of my surroundings. Keep in mind the usual reason I'm pulled from my zen-like creativity is to do something mundane like fix food for a hungry male. :-)

So am I the only list maker/creative writer out there?
Surely not!
L

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

1. Make list
2. Check list for missed items
3. Cross off items as accomplished
4. Make new list for tomorrow

You mean like that?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger K.A.S. said...

I'm a big-time list maker.

I just use them as a jumping off point. No reason to let that stifle creativity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter