Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Monday, August 07, 2006

Writing Music...so subjective

When I write I listen to music. I have several playlists put together from all my favorite CD's that I've ripped to my computer. (I know it sounds violent, but I'm assured by computer geeks everywhere that it's a painless process) :)

I even have one set up for when I'm writing THOSE sexy scenes. ;-)
In fact, wrote The Miner's Wife listening to Blessed Hellride by Black Label Society over and over.

Lately I've been entranced listening to Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Whew!
And a new addition for my listening pleasure has been Buttons by The Pussycat Dolls. I saw them perform it on Jay Leno. I wish that by merely listening to it, I could look as good as they do. :)

So I was on chat loop a couple of weeks ago and a fellow writer mentioned some music that she listened to in order to write sexy scenes. I went to Amazon to listen to the clips since I'm ever on the look out for new music to help me write. I found it very interesting that I was not moved by the same music that she was. As I suspected...Music is so very subjective. Especially music that you use to write to.

My point, yes I have one, is that whether you listen to music or not when you write, you have to find the particular music that works best for you.

Rock on. :)
L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter