Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Flip Dictionary

I recently bought a book that I adore...it's called The Flip Dictionary.







I use it before, during and after writing. :)
It's sort of a combination dictionary and thesaurus.
It's great for when you are trying to think up an elusive word.
If you can find a synonym...you can find it in this book.

I looked up the word red the other day and found a half a page of choices.
Sometimes for fun, I just close my eyes, pop open the book, point to a word and vow to try an use it. :)
Look for the words retinue and scintilla in coming works. :)
L

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Has it ever occured to you that you might be a little obsessive? lol

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Lara Santiago said...

Obsessive? No. Not even a scintilla of obsession has transpired. Why do you ask?
Would you like to sign up to be on my retinue?
You could help me dress.
LOL
L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter