Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Truth About Goals

Yes...it's true. I'm going to blog about goals today.
I know, I know, everyone is talking about them.
However, I believe it is very important to have goals.

My goals are concrete, achievable and once complete are mine forever. Goals are also not the same things as dreams. I believe you have to have dreams to survive, but try to stay on track with me...today we're discussing goals. :)

Sure I'd like to be on the New York Times Bestselling list, but this is a dream.
While goals are not the same as dreams, they also don't have to be difficult or nearly impossible to be valid.








Simply make a list of things you'd like to accomplish for the next year, the next month, the next week or even the next day.
Put your list in a prominent place and revisit it periodically to stay on track.

I write books.








Therefore, my goals are writing related. I put mine in a frame, which I got for Christmas from the very goal-oriented and amazingly wonderful Roxanne St. Claire.

I keep them close at hand.
(They are sitting comfortably on my desktop computer.)

I have thirteen specific writing goals this year.
Six of my goals are for books I plan to write.
The other seven are for writing related goals like judging contests, being the treasurer of my local writing group and conferences I plan to attend.

If you write, put your goals on paper. As you achieve each one, check it off and move on to the next. It is very satisfying for me to check off completed items from my goal list each year.

The first year I achieved 9 out of 12.
Last year I managed 10 out of 13.

I believe it was because I had them printed out and in front of my face the entire year.

You can do it too.
Try it and see.
L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter