Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Monday, May 14, 2007

Tick Tock ~ Deadline Coming Soon


I'm on a deadline.
I have something due in a couple of weeks.



I'm 93% of the way done...if I can believe the spreadsheet I created to keep track of my word count. And I do.

And the truth is...I work better this way. :) I love having a goal.
Pressure makes me work better and faster.
Even one of my kids calls me a workaholic. Won't he be surprised when he turns into one as well. Muwahahaha

Okay, I know I need to blog, but I need to finish my ms more.
If you need me I'll be practicing an age old writer's technique for finishing manuscripts courtesy of Kristen.
BICFOK
Which stands for Butt In Chair, Fingers On Keyboard.

Anyone else out there who also works better with their butt to the fire?
I can't be the only one...can I? :)
L





Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

You're not even close to the only one. I had originally intended for my revisions to be done by tomorrow, so I didn't start until May 5! They're more complicated than I thought, so I heaved a massive sigh when my editor gave me until May 19. That, I can do. I mean, hey. It's only Monday and I have all the way until Saturday, right? *gg*

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

I don't want to talk about finishing anything anymore.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a double edged sword for me. Too much pressure stifles my creativity so it doesn't work for me with writing. What it does work for is when company is coming over, man does my house get clean! :)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Eliza Gayle said...

I definitely do better under pressure. I am the Queen of Procrastination. Deadlines cure me of that real quick. In fact i've got to get back to my MS that has to go out the door today right now. LOL

Eliza

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Jax Cassidy said...

Email me the spreadsheet will ya! I need to be on track....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter