Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Monday, February 23, 2009

Movie Monday - Body of Lies

I watched Body of Lies on pay per view the other night. I really enjoyed it. Russel Crowe did an outstanding job changing his persona into a not exactly likable political character for this movie. Leo looks great, even though he gets beat up and spends much of the movie with one bleeding wound or another. The plot is intricate and it's one of those movies you really have to pay attention to in order to understand what's going on.




Which leads me to my epiphany... (warning - mini rant coming) I now remember why I like to see movies at the theater. The phone rings incessantly whenever my family wants to sit in the comfort of our home and watch a movie. With On Demand features we are able to pause, but it's a little frustrating having to stop back up and try to keep up with the movie. My poor husband had to watch the movie in pieces between three phone calls and an errand to pick up one of the kids.
I wish I could say, I'm unplugging or turning off all the phones whenever we sit down to watch one. But I have children. I can't do it.
Is there ever a time when we can shut out the world and do what we want without interruption?
My answer...rarely.
L

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter