Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Monday, May 18, 2009

Movie Monday - Special: Ticket Stub Round Up

I'm one of those people who keeps ticket stubs from the movies that I see. I pull them from my pocket and tuck them into cubbyholes on my desk. I have collected quite a stack of them over probably the last couple of years or so. Probably because I'm half pack rat on my Dad's side. Also it gives me an alibi in case I'm ever falsely accused of anything. But I digress. :)

Anyway...in a recent house cleaning frenzy, I've decided to trash them, but not before I list and rate the bunch here. Indulge my trip down memory lane with my favorite past time. :)

On my scale, 5 Stars is best and means I probably went onto buy the DVD when it came out and conversely 1 Star is worst and I mourn the time and money I lost.

Here goes:

3:10 to Yuma - 9/15/07 - Awesome Western! I give it 5 stars...and I "did" buy the DVD.

Watchmen - 4/9/09 - I wanted this to be a better movie. Too grim and some key good story telling elements were ignored. 2 Stars

I Am Legend - 12/14/07 - Will Smith can do no wrong! Loved it. 5 Stars and I own it.

Beowulf: Digital 3D - 12/1/07 - It was okay. I thought the format was interesting 3 Stars.

Shoot 'Em Up - 9/9/07 - Over the top and graphic in many ways. But I thought the story line was excellent. 4 Stars

Invasion - 8/18/07 - Excellent re-make of a classic! 4.5 Stars

P.S. I Love You - 12/31/07 - I saw this in Arkansas with my MIL. Great movie. 4 Stars

Shooter - 3/31/07 - Great movie. Better than expected. Loved it. 4.5 Stars.

The Spirit - I can't find the stub, but I remember the pain and torment of watching it. The reason it gets one star instead of none is that I liked the comic book look of it otherwise...total Dreck. or is it Bleeck? 1 Star

Crank - 9/3/06 - Better than I expected. Still a few scenes stretched past my capacity for belief. 3.5 Stars

The Dark Knight - 8/9/08 - Excellent movie. Sad because it was Heath Ledger's last movie. 4.5 Stars

X-Files: I Want to Believe - 8/9/08 - I have seven seasons and the first movie on DVD. I thought this was pretty good, but the first movie was much better. 3.5 Stars

The Mummy 3 : Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - 8/15/08 - The first two were much better, but I liked this one okay. 3 Stars

Changeling - 11/6/08 - No secret that I went to see this for Jeffery Donovan, but it was an excellent movie. 4.5 Stars.

Valkyrie - 12/26/08 - Tom Cruise is an excellent actor and he was great in this. 4 Stars.

Australia - 12/7/08 - I thought it started out slow, but I liked this movie very much. Plus...Hello...Hugh Jackman! :) 4 Stars

Defiance - 1/19/09 - Loved this movie! Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber...yum! 4.5 Stars

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 5/1/09 - I loved this movie! Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber...double yum! 4.5 Stars

Star Trek - 5/8/09 & 5/10/09 - Yes. I've already seen it twice. My heart goes pitty pat at the mere mention of this movie. JJ Abrams is a genius storyteller and I give this 6 Stars...because it's my scale and I can if I want to. ;)

What's in your ticket stub collection?
L

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter