Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

And so it begins...

...it's only mid-August now, but it won't be long until I feel the quick and very slippery slide through to the end of the year.

Remember years ago when they had those BIG slides? You climbed to the top of the slide on what seemed like a thousand stairs trying not to look down. I was afraid of heights so my heart pounded and tried to escape through my chest. Once at the top you grabbed a burlap sack, balanced yourself on it and then...Woo Hoo...Away you went, hair streaming behind you all the way down until the burlap sack caught on the Astroturf at the very bottom. (You know, simple entertainment while we fended off the dinosaurs. ha ha )
That is what is about to happen. I have my burlap sack in hand and I'm about to ride the Big Slide down to the end of the year. :)

School enrollment for my kids was yesterday. It was fairly painless and my favorite part was that soon, I'll have the house to myself again. Best of all is that the school bus driver will become their new chauffer.

I know that next week I'll buy school supplies, the week after will be meet the teacher open house at school. Then I'll turn around only once and suddenly it will be the 2007 holiday season.
The Big Slide is very fast, you know.

So does anyone besides me remember the Big Slide?
Or am I the sole survivor of this era. :)
L

Oh Yeah...and before I forget Happy Holidays. :):)


3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Does this mean you'll be expecting your Christmas present next week? lol You're funny.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Lara Santiago said...

Hmmm. Maybe...
Unless you're getting me a Big Slide and a burlap sack. :)
L

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Erica Ridley said...

Not sure I remember the big slides unless you mean the big slides at waterparks. Those continue to scare the crap out of me. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter