Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back from Dallas and a new book at Fictionwise

I'm still a little tired from the trip to RWA Nationals...even though I took it easy yesterday. If you call an early doctor's appointment, mega grocery shopping and running my kids to work and back home taking it easy. :)

The conference was lots of fun.
I went to the Romance Divas dinner which was fabulous. I also went to the Passionate Ink luncheon which was wonderfully fun.
And over the several days I got to see all my friends from last year's conference. Yea.

My good friend Roxanne St. Claire won a RITA.
Woo Hoo, Rocki!!
A chapter mate Kresley Cole also won a RITA. Yea, Kresley!!
And my critique partner Carolyn O'Neill won first place in the Paranormal Historical category of the Beau Monde contest. She got to dress up in a period costume and everything. I'm so proud of her. :)

I still need to download the pictures off my camera. One with Rocki and Nora Roberts where I've been threatened with death if I don't send. Which I will. :):)


While I know there has been much discussion over the changes to PAN and Publisher eligibility during the General Meeting at the conference, I believe I now qualify for PAN. Woo Hoo!!!
I'll keep you posted. :)

Also, my latest book Little Red Rides the Wolf was released at Fictionwise.
Check it out by clicking on the link above.

The cover is a little naughty, but I love it. The story is my very adult version of Little Red Riding Hood. Hope you enjoy it. :)

















One last note and unfortunately it's a very sad one.

Rhonda Thompson passed away several days ago. I got to know her at the 2006 RWA conference in Atlanta last year. I have one of her wonderful books The Cursed One permanently posted on my blog.
Not only did I adore her books, she was funny and a true sweetheart. She will be missed very much by anyone who knew her.
My prayers and condolences go out to her family.
Lara

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on PAN eligibility, Lara, that's outstanding! Can't wait to see the pics. :)

I'm sorry about the loss of Rhonda, I didn't know her, but I'm very sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter