Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year...

Today is February 29th, 2008.
Aren't you glad I'm keeping every one up to date with these important late breaking and important news events on my blog? :)
I just wanted everyone to know that I was paying attention.

As we all know this date only happens once every four years. According to those who count up and keep track of time...every year there's an extra six hours not accounted for therefore, once every 4 years we play catch up. There are several fabulous math calculations to ascertain whether any given year is a leap year but I usually remember that it's the same year at presidential elections in the US.

One pretty cool thing about this date are all the babies born today will technically only have a birthday once every 4 years.
Handy when you turn forty and can claim you've only had 10 birthdays. :)

I always feel like since this is a rare date that I should do something special.
Today I'm going to go out and spend the day with a friend. Lunch, a movie, and probably some shopping. :)

How will you spend your extra day this year?
L

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter