Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Friday, August 25, 2006

Poised to Write the Next Book

I'm about to start a new book. Woo Hoo!

I've been pondering it all week now.

I've made a collage with colorful relevant pictures to set my mood to this story.

I've selected pictures to showcase my characters so that I may visualize them speaking and moving about as I create scenes for them.

I've met with my critique group to bounce ideas around and ensure I'm on the right track to start out. Is the premise intriguing? How can I make it better? Are my characters worthy of concern? How can I make readers love them? Do I have enough of a story?

They tell me I have too many ideas to squeeze into the parameters of my novella sized manuscript...but then again they “always” tell me that. I've already been warned I must write a tight concise story with no adverbs or prepositional phrases whatsoever. Fine! :) But I still say it's better to have too much written down for the edit…than not enough. :)

I love this part of writing. Poised on the edge of a precipice before I dive in head first to another place, another time, and another love story.
My subconscious mind has worked on the scenes and the plot this past week. I let all I know about the story swirl around in my head until I'm ready to launch in to power writing mode.

It’s yet another part of writing that I adore.
So if you’re looking for me in the coming weeks, I’ll be hard at work writing.
Can I get a big Woo Hoo? :)
L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter