Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Neo AlphaSmart Equals Coolness

I have a wonderful new toy.

Okay...wait! It's not 'really' a toy...it is a serious piece of equipment vital to my writing career. Yes, this is exactly what I told my husband when I ordered it.

I have a laptop. Unfortunately, the battery is completely dead. It costs A LOT of money to replace the battery in a laptop. And at peak performance it only lasts a couple of hours at a time anyway. My laptop computer is now my permanent desktop computer. :)

My Neo runs on three double A batteries…for as long as my fingers dance over the keyboard. Everything I’ve written saves automatically. I connect a single wire to my computer and it promptly downloads what I’ve written into my Word document so I can edit.

I can sit anywhere in the house and write.
I can sit anywhere out of the house and write.
So far my favorite spot is flat on my back lounging on the living room sofa with my legs draped over one arm. I call it the Scooter. :):)
(Inside joke ~ My good friend has a big lazy black cat named Scooter. I copied his favorite position. The one where he’s stretched out sleeping on his back with his paws in the air.)

I wrote over 14,000 words the first 8 days I owned it. Cool Huh? And the Neo has the capacity to hold around 80,000 words across 8 files. Plenty of room!

Any Alpha Smart lovers out there?

L

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

You're slowly converting me.

Scooter knows you're talking about him and he plans to attack you appropriately next time you come over. Unless you come bearing treats.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have an Alphasmart but I do have a quickpad and they are essentially the same thing. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter