Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Not Poised anymore...Just Writing like Crazy

I gave up my day job a couple of weeks ago and I figured I'd have all this extra time to blog and lurk around on loops...
Nope, I started a new book. And now I MUST WRITE! :)

I haven't figured out how to do one of those cool WIP-o-meters like I've seen on other blogs. You know...where I can put numbers in like a fund raising drive percentage bar and show how far I am in my current project.
I guess I'll just have to do the math long hand right here.

Let's see...I started August 25th...I want to complete the first draft by October 1st. The complete draft will be 30,000 words give or take...
as of this morning I've written 14,188 words. Divide by 30,000 and I get...
47.3% of completing my current WIP.
Not bad for a week of power writing.
I'll probably finish in another week or two.
Then the fun revision and edit period begins. :)

L

3 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

I wish someone else could write my first draft for me. I'd be happy to edit it. I love the editing. It's the first draft that I find hateful and mean.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Zinnia said...

Here's the one I use. Maybe you can use this one. You just paste it into your template. I find it's easier to do it above or under the blog roll.

http://www.zokutou.co.uk/wordmeter/

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Lara Santiago said...

Thanks for the link.
I'll check it out.
L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter