Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Shopping with Boys

Shopping with boys is an entirely different experience than shopping with girls.
I'll have to look, but I think I may have blogged about this before.


If so, it still bears repeating. And I need to vent. :)

Did you know that you can find everything a boy needs in only one store at the mall?
Yes, it's true. I've lived it just yesterday.

I should be grateful that they actually walked out of the dressing rooms this time to let me see the clothing on them. I'm not always as lucky.

Last time security wouldn't let me in the men's dressing room to see for myself what the clothes looked like on them and they refused to come out. They told me what fit and what didn't. :)
This time my husband came with us. I brought him in as reinforcement because he can get past security.

For boys, there is no wasting time running around the mall for the perfect shoes to match the outfit they just tried on either.
No. Merely find the shoe department in the single store where you are shopping and they will pick something out.
Usually the first pair within visual range will do.
Do not whatever you do try to insist they look around at the entire selection. They won't.
At this point I just throw my hands up and give in because they are taller than me...and stubborn.

Here is how shoe shopping works for boys:
1.) Try one shoe on, refuse to stand in it and then argue that you don't really need to try the other one on.
2.) Threat from parent ensues.
3.) Eye rolling ensues from boy.
4.) Both shoes grudgingly go on.
5.) Beg them to stand up and walk around to ensure comfort factor.
6.) More eye rolling.
7.) Take approximately two and one half trudging steps, turn and presto. They're sold.
8.) Beg them to try on one more pair.
9.) No need to try on more than one pair, they insist. Arms cross in defiance.
10.) Heave sigh. Buy shoes.

This completes your shopping day.
One store, two boys, three outfits each, a credit card bill and of course a single pair of shoes for each shopper.

Someone hits a stop watch and bam, we're done in under half an hour.
That's right, folks.
It's all true. I lived it.

Hey Kristen, I need a girl shopping day. Soon!!
Pencil me in, won't you?

Girl shopping means...
More than one store. More than half an hour. More than one pair of shoes.
And I never once ever hear the distainful words, "Are we done yet?" :)
L






Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Babe King said...

LOL- here I am on the opposite side of the world and face EXACTLY the same thing! Of course, you only told half the story. If you shop for clothes/shoes, you're out in half an hour. But try shopping for gadgets or games, and you could be there all day. Sigh. Boys! I wonder if Mars will ever take them back?

btw Thanks for the nice things you said about "The Marian Kind." Kristen was so right when she said you were a sweetie. Happy girl's shopping.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Lara Santiago said...

LOL
You are absolutely correct.
If we'd been in Best Buy, I would have been dragging them out by an earlobe.
Or three of them in my case. :)
L

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Babe King said...

And you know what? I have never, that's right, NEVER, been girl shopping. I've gone solo all day a few times, but never a girl's day out. Don't tell K, she'll disown me. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter