Lara Santiago.com - Home Page

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Caution...Goal Check straight ahead

This will be no secret to many of you, but I am a firm believer in goals. I'm a list maker. I like to check off the things I've accomplished. I keep track of my daily word count, weekly word count, monthly word count and yes...you guessed it, my annual word count. It is also true that there is a spreadsheet included in most of my projects.

This works for me.
And even if you don't keep track of your word count or use a spreadsheet, I believe that you still need goals. Goals keep me on track. They let me know how much harder I'll have to work now that I've realized I only have four months left in this year.

Your goals don't have to reach the sky.
You don't have to be as 'quirky' (okay anal retentive) as I am about them, but I do advise you to have one or two, or a dozen. :)

Did you make goals in January?
Have you accomplished any of them?

Now is a great time to check.
It's September. Time to see what you've accomplished for this year.
Time to see what's left to do.

If you keep goals, dust them off and check to see if you are happy with what you've completed.
Unless you are completely finished, try to get one more done before December. Motivate yourself and see if you can be done with the majority of them by New Year's Eve.

Because in January, it starts all over again. :) Can't wait.




Why the picture of Jeffery Donovan on my goals blog?

He's cute and I miss Burn Notice The new episodes don't come back until Sept. 13th:)
L

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Wait--you're a list maker? You? Get out of here. For real? Wow, the things you learn about people.

Burn Notice rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter